To be a place of choice for teen parents to continue their education in the Hutt Valley and to provide a high quality, holistic programme that will enable teen parents and their tamariki to develop a strongly woven whāriki of learning skills and personal values to be confident, competent, lifelong learners. We are a place of second chances.
- To have a wharenui that is safe, secure and positive to meet the individual needs of our students, tamariki and whanau.
- By recognising the unique cultural heritage of NZ, we uphold our commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi.
- We celebrate success.
- We believe in manaakitanga and whanaungatanga.
- We provide a holistic response to our ākonga and tamariki.
- As kaiako (teacher) and kaitiaki (nurturer) we are role models for our tamiriki and whanau.
How we do this:
- We build relationships using attachment teaching.
- We use the principles of restorative justice and positive guidance in order to learn.
- Manaakitanga - hospitality, welcoming people, offering food and drink, whanau evenings, Community Open afternoon’s building belonging.
- Whanaungatanga- family relationships, whanau evening, working with teen Mums and babies.