Students in our High School Programme are expected to be in an English speaking homestay.
- Each student has their own room.
- Homestays are conveniently located.
- The student becomes a part of the homestay family life.
- Homestays are carefully selected by the school.
- Student well-being is important to us.
- Hostel accommodation is not available.
Heretaunga College prides itself on maintaining a close relationship between school and home.
- Each international student is placed in the care of the Dean of International Students and the Homestay Co-ordinator.
- The Homestay Co-ordinator is very accessible to the student. She is on site each school day and only a phone call away.
- Progress of students is closely monitored and reported home regularly
- The Dean is in daily contact with the student
Pastoral Code for the Care of International Students
Heretaunga College is a signatory to the pastoral code for the care of international students established by the Ministry of Education. This ensures high quality care for all students coming to New Zealand to study.