The Heretaunga College School of Hospitality offers a full-time practical and theory based catering course aimed at developing real world applicable skills for the Hospitality Industry. Students are fully immersed in a commercial kitchen and café environment, running the school café and reputable catering service, whilst developing the essential skills required for a future in the Hospitality Industry or ongoing tertiary studies. Upon successful completion of this course students will achieve a New Zealand Certificate in Hospitality (Basic Cookery) Level 3.
THE HC SCHOOL OF HOSPITALITY INVOLVES:
- Wide range of practical cookery techniques and methods
- Knife skills, food hygiene and workplace safety
- Coffee and barista training
- Food service, cash handling, team work and problem solving
- Nationally recognized qualification with 60 Level 3 NCEA credits
WHY SHOULD YOU SELECT THE HC SCHOOL OF HOSPITALITY?
- Gain relevant and compelling work experience in a commercial kitchen and café environment each and every day
- No fees
- Develop lifelong essential interpersonal and personal skills
- Be a part of regular site visits and workshops with local industry establishments
THE HC SCHOOL OF HOSPITALITY WANTS:
- Applicants over the age of 16 years who have Hospitality or Food Technology experience and are wanting to pursue a future in the Hospitality Industry. Applicants MUST be committed individuals who have a positive, can do attitude, a passion for food, good interpersonal skills, positive behaviour and a sound work ethic
- Suitable for Year 13 students, school leavers or returning students interested in completing a Level 3 Tertiary Level Programme within a functional, training café environment